Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Krivsky House Rules


You know, as a Reds fan I should probably not take much stock in what I read. While doing this blog, half of the deals I come up with are reports I've read and the other half are just thoughts and day dreams I have. As it turns out, they are both equally inaccurate. GM Wayne Krivsky is in Nashville for the Winter Meetings but he most certainly left the lock box that holds the key to his bolted mouth in Cincinnati. If I've learned anything from the 14 or so months he has been the Reds general manager, it should be that Krivsky is prone to making deals out of the blue and he keeps them as close to the vest as possible. I read today that the Reds are interested in Blue Jays right fielder Alex Rios. Rios is good, probably a little overrated, but he is a righty with a little pop, which is a need. However, if the rumors are true that the Giants may be offering up Tim Lincecum for him, I hope the Reds are just in it for fun. Homer Bailey would probably be the closest thing the Reds have to Lincecum, and it would be foolish to give up a potential ace for a guy who is a little better than Austin Kearns. I am, however, a little worried about trading away all our offense for pitching; I have no problem with trading Joey Votto, Josh Hamilton, Edwin Encarnacion, or even Adam Dunn, but only one of them. Now, if we could get anything for Ken Griffey Jr., Ryan Freel, Norris Hopper, or Jeff Keppinger I'd pull that trigger for all of them. But who knows what's going through that balding head of Krivsky's, chances are good he will come through with a deal nobody has thought of, hopefully it will be worthwhile. I would almost bet at this point Krivsky is happy to wait and let teams come to him, or at least wait for Johan Santana to be traded which could possibly open the trading flood gates.

No comments: